Saturday, November 5, 2011

R&R Taqueria Will Be On The Food Network

Our tacos at the gas station are ready for their closeup.

The Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives has selected R&R Taqueria as a spot to film on their current trip to Baltimore.

I'm personally excited because I lobbied for R&R (along with some other joints) when the show's production company talked to me a few weeks ago as they were scouting.  I said the food was delicious and that they were guaranteed great video because people eat their tacos looking over the gas pumps.  Then Tom Sietsema named R&R in his Fall Dining Guide, which let me say that they didn't have to rely on a blogger about the delicious part.

I hadn't mentioned anything because I didn't want the show to think R&R was trumpeting the event too early.  But Matt posted an R&R flyer on the HowChow Facebook page that announces the filming and notes that R&R will need to close for much of Nov. 8 and Nov. 14.

(Update:  See below Cara's comment that she emailed DD&D about R&R months ago.  People look out for R&R.)

In far away news, R&R's Web site has photos of new location in the White Marsh Mall.

7 comments:

Cara said...

I sent an email to D, D, & D a few months back about them!

UhOhBadDog said...

Thinking Guy is going to absolutely love this place (as just about everyone else does!). Just hope all of this attention and expansion doesn't spoil one of my favorite haunts!

Rob said...

Rodrigo deserves the accolades. He proved once again that a superior product will succeed when things like a crappy location suggests otherwise. Of course, now one might argue that the location's quirkiness adds to the appeal. Does anyone else park at the pumps and duck in to order when the parking spaces are full?

Anonymous said...

Anyone know if it's corn or wheat tacos...wondering if ok for those gluten free because I love Mexican and it looks delicious

HowChow said...

I think they use corn tortillas. They might have a wheat option, but I think it is corn whenever I have ordered.

Anonymous said...

I drive past there on my way to work everyday. I can't wait to see if there is any filming going on in the morning!

Katie said...

awesome! howchow, are you going to have an appearance on the show?