Thursday, July 21, 2011

Howard County Restaurant Weeks Starts Monday

If you're reading this blog, then you need to at least consider what you're doing next week for Howard County Restaurant Weeks.

This has become a regular event to show off some local restaurants.  Now, the meals range from $10 to $40, and they have really expanded the lineup from the upscale best through ethnic restaurants like Mango Grove to the barbecue at Town Grill in Lisbon.

I love that, although I'd love even more if I could find a place where the restaurants list their special menus. Please add anything you know to the comments below.

Check out the main Howard County Restaurant Weeks page, and also check of the list of farms and other suppliers.  I'd love to know more about several of those places -- cheese, herbs, bison . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good thing to post on would be comments based on the Sun item that talked about whether Restaurant week is really worth it at HoCo restaurants. It sounds like a lot of people in NY and other places are getting fed up with either prices higher then they would normally be, portion sizes smaller then they normally are, or menu selections for the special way to small to offer any real choice.

Marcia said...

The restaurants and menus are here: http://www.howardcountyrestaurantweek.com/home.html

Click on the restaurant and they list their menu (at least the couple I checked did)

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love your blog and your recommendations are always spot on! I for one love applaud any restaurant that offers smaller portion sizes and don't mind paying a bit extra for quality food, even if it's from a limited menu!

Cate in Columbia said...

Dinner at Union Jacks- had the chicken which was "ok". Service really slow. Many people at the bar.

Brian said...

1/2 price wine and restaurant week menu at Portalli's tonight 8/1. they didnt have half of the red wines on the list (I had to go to my 6th or 7th selection), and they ran out of sorbet for dessert. First time eating here, probably won't go back but if I do I'll provide comparison of restaurant week entrees vs the regular menu.