Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome To Royal Taj -- Columbia's Newest Indian Restaurant (For The Second Time)

Welcome to Columbia's newest Indian restaurant Royal Taj -- which was also Columbia's newest Indian restaurant last summer when it opened as "India Delight."

The restaurant had a great buffet and got some good reviews from commenters. But it also had a name that was apparently too close to another Indian restaurant nearby. (I had wondered about a May comment that mentioned a Catonsville restaurant called "Indian Delight.")

I recommended India Delight's buffet, and I hear that nothing has changed except the name -- and that has only changed on the menus so far.

Thanks to HowICook for the tip and photo. Click here for my post about Indian restaurants in Howard County, which I'll have to update to fix the name.

Royal Taj
(formerly India Delight)
8874 McGaw Rd
Columbia, MD 21045
410-381-1111


NEAR: McGaw Road is the light where Apple Ford sits on Snowden River. From Rte 175, turn right on McGaw. From Broken Land Parkway, turn left on McGaw. The shopping center with India Delight -- along with Cha Ya Thai, The Greene Turtle and Cheeburger, Cheeburger -- is on the right before the intersection with Dobbin Road.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm pretty sure the one in Catonsville is technically Indian Delite, but same difference, right? :)

Hungry Bob said...

They do a pretty good buffet. Hopefully this will continue as they get settled and the newness wears off. I hope they succeed in that spot. RIP Orinoco Coffee (the store, not the business).

Anonymous said...

Excellent service and delicious food.
I hope they keep up the service.

Louis Biggie said...

I really liked it too. I was really impressed by the very friendly service. I really hope this succeeds as I think it is the best Indian restaurant in Columbia.

Kristi said...

We ate there tonight and it was good. The service was excellent. The service alone is worth a trip. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was good, but not great. They used quality ingredients, but the sauce was a little less flavored than I liked it. If you're ever in Rockville, check out Spice X-ing, they have the best Tikka Masala. After dinner, they brought out a complimentary dessert, which was a small doughnut that was soaked in a honey-sugar liquid. We're going to try and hit up the buffet, which is 7 days a week!

@GwynethJones - The Daring Librarian said...

Oh cool! Nice to know where that is! -Thanks for the Green Turtle landmark ...it's funny and it's sad (being a HoCo barfly connoisseur!) but I have ye to go to the Green Turtle - but I have gone to Cha Ya's and found their sushi very good! LOVING this blog! - Just discovered it! Cheers!