Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Snowballs is open in Clarksville

Snowballs is open and shaving ice outside the Kendall Hardware in Clarksville.  This was one of my recommendations in a post about places to get ice cream on a summer night.

Mrs. HowChow and I stopped by on Saturday on a mid-day run that took us to the River Hill nursery and for allen wrenches at the hardware store.  The Snowballs stand serves up shaved ice with a list of flavors and toppings that you couldn't exhaust in an entire summer.  

I loved the list of suggested combinations that included one for each high school -- based on the colors, not the flavors.  I remember when I would have ordered a purple and gold snowcone just for school spirit.  This time, I got spearmint, and Mrs. HowChow got blackberry.  Both refreshing.  Neither exactly organic or all-natural.

If you're looking for other ice cream options, check out that post about ice cream on a summer night.

1 comment:

K8teebug said...

I think their syrup is a little too watered down :(